Tweet this post!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hello, Sleep! It's been so long since I've seen you!

Ahhhhh. I am on the computer at 6am because I've been happily awake since 5:30am. Why, you ask? I got 6.5 hours of sleep last night and was woken only once!!

I just got to this point of desperation. The babies missed their afternoon naps for reasons unknown (they just didn't sleep), so I was convinced that they'd go down easier and stay asleep all night. But things didn't start out so well. So I made sure they were both in their rooms and they were probably blanketed and had multiple pacifiers in sight and were otherwise physically safe.... and then I made Jenna sleep in my bed with me, I turned up the air purifier in my room to the loudest setting and closed the door.

I woke up at 3am, stunned that their hysterics hadn't seeped into my dreams through my closed door and loud air filter. I hadn't hear them because...they weren't in hysterics. I imagine they fussed and cried a little. But if they had completely been freaking out I would have heard that (I speak from experience).

So I got 4 uninterrupted hours of sleep, and then another 2.5 hours, and I'm fresh as a daisy this morning. Wheeee!

I'm glad I finally got some shut-eye, because I was seriously considering leaving the kids with the neighbor and checking into a hotel tonight. LOL.

And since I don't have a picture of me sleeping last night, I'll post some sleep-themed photos from our recent San Diego Vacation Spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment