Tweet this post!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Day I Thought Would Never Come

1. The Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl! The Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl? Really?? Wow. And I heard that we had a crappy record this season, you know, until the post-season popped up and apparently all our players were paying attention. This is amazing for Arizona! But frankly, it's crappy for the rest of the world. Everyone is expecting a game on Super Bowl Sunday. We can't give them a game. Let's be realistic. We'll get our arses handed to us in the 2nd quarter and that will be the end of that. But still. The Cardinals going to the Super Bowl is good for the local economy! Woo hoooo, buying beer and snacks for football parties, or going to bars and spending lots of money to watch the game and drink, woo hoo!

2. Today is the day I woke up with no sore throat. Nothing. Not even a twinge of a sore throat. Have I even miserated here yet about this sore throat? This sore throat to end all sore throats? It was so painful. So bad. Just like the last sore throat I endured a few months ago. It's curious really because I had no fever, and nobody else in my family caught it. So it was just me, by myself, wanting to die because the pain was so bad. Hoping that my body could process 1200mg of ibuprofin every 5 hours because that's what I felt I had to do to make it through the days. I emailed my doctor because I was worried it could be strep, and he told me he'd be happy to see me the next day. But I didn't get this message in time, because I was in a prone position for about the next 36 hours. This germ knocked me on my ass, people. And it's a good thing I didn't go in to see the doc, because 1) he has never seen me without makeup, and 2) nobody should be exposed to the germs I was emanating at that point. In the end, I doubt it was strep. But what was it? Just tonsilitis? Isn't that something they remove your tonsils for? And I bet there's a threshold, some minimum number of times you have to suffer this horrible pain before they take out your tonsils, and because I didn't rush in to see my doctor, I just wasted one time. Ugh.

1 comment:

  1. So tell me, are the Cardinals going to the Super Bowl? ;-)

    Yay to no sore throat. Woohoo.

    ReplyDelete