Tweet this post!

Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 Year-End Roundup

Lauren's power wheelchair is all but ordered. All the final insurance approvals have been given, and her measurements documented, but I didn't think to add the headlights package to her chair so many months ago. Insurance has to approve that before the chair can be ordered, but she may still get it as early as this month or next. We're stoked. No word on Kyle's wheelchair.

We had a fantastic and healthy Christmas this year. It was one of the colder Chistmases I can remember (high temp was in the 50's....brrr), but there wasn't a cloud in the sky. My sister was able to stay for Christmas, but her husband had to work on Christmas Eve and we didn't catch up with him until New Year's Day.

Chris and I convinced my parents to babysit for us on New Year's Eve so that we could go to a party. The party went like this: Arrive, sit by fire bowl, listen to a live band, consume many adult beverages (me), play beer pong (him), light a bottle rocket (him), singe my hair with the bottle rocket (him), everybody laugh when it turned out all was well, and then we went home. It was a great time. It will forever be "the year that Cass' hair caught fire", I'm sure.


So, the babies are already 2.5 years old and have never been to Disneyland. Can you imagine? I feel like I'm a communist by not having brought them to that mother ship before now. So, in an obvious attempt to ride their mother's guilt trip all the way to Anaheim, they've latched onto the "When You Wish Upon a Star" song and beg to go to Disneyland. Disneyland will never know what hit it--do you have any idea how fast those power chairs can go? So for your viewing enjoyment, here they are with their song. (If you're viewing this from Facebook, you'll have to "click on original post" to view the video".)




5 comments:

  1. Dear GOD are those children ADORABLE!!! Disney should pay to have them there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that video! The singing was so adorable...you really should take them to Disneyland. We want to go there with Nicholas, too, but are waiting until cold/flu season is over. They would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I love when Kyle hits that high note at the end ;). We are going to Disneyland on Friday - you guys should come too :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do it Cass. Turn away from the dark side of Disney!

    ReplyDelete