Tweet this post!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The (almost) Indestructible Scorpion

Yesterday morning I was preparing Jenna's lunchbox for her to take to school.  I heated up a can of ravioli (mother of the year, yo!) to transfer to a keep-warm thermos, but as I took the bowl out of the microwave something caught my eye.

See that little orange critter in the top right corner?  He was inadvertently microwaved for two minutes with Jenna's lunch.  Then my husband nuked him for two more minutes ("It will be way easier to clean up exploded scorpion guts than it will be to get him out of there alive and in one piece") (that's true).  He STILL didn't die.

I won't go into the details of how he was dispatched, but please know that he's in a better place.  Scorpion heaven is filled with crickets and warm temperatures.  R.I.P., Chef Boyardee (what I named him).


  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

  2. Last summer we visited Phoenix. In the early morning Drew needed to be repositioned. As I settled back to sleep I felt a sharp pain on my upper arm. I sat up and wondered if it was the beginning of a heart attack. Finally I settled in again and... another sharp pain. This time I searched the bed and found a scorpion. I captured him in a container so that I could show the main desk (they were surprised as we weren't on the main floor).
    Bottom line... I would rather find a scorpion in the microwave than in my bed!
    Nana Barb (Drew's gramma)