Tweet this post!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Interested in plugging your business?

At the 2010 annual Families of SMA conference there will be an auction. All the families attending the conference are tasked with bringing something to donate to the auction. I'm having a hard time coming up with something suitable to contribute to the auction, so I thought I would throw this out to the blogosphere:

If you own your own business, or if you sell handmade items of value, consider donating to the FSMA auction, or offer me a discount to buy it so that I may donate it. Many of the attendees are not typical families with young children--their children may be on critical life-saving machines all day, be fed through tubes, be on ventilators. The tragedy of SMA is what brings us together at this conference, and so our hearts can sometimes get heavy. Themed gift baskets, books, jewelry or other gift items might all be appropriate for this auction.

Proceeds from the auction benefit Families of Spinal Muscular Atrophy--a great cause. I'd love to support any mommy entrepreneur by bringing your creations with me to this auction. There is no set dollar amount, but I'd like any item I bring to have a little "oomph". Pass the word, and please get in touch with me by mid-June if you're interested.

Update 9 June: I've had a great response from the SMA community! I have a few great items to bring along to contribute to the auction, but would love more. Gift certificates, handmade items, local services, movie tickets, music or anything else that a family/couple might enjoy would be welcomed contributions to this auction. FSMA is a charitable, tax-exempt organization, and I can provide you with their tax ID number that helps anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea, and I'm going to put it on the blog!

    Would you like to take a copy of The Jeffrey Journey and the CD of lullabies my mother wrote for Jeffrey? I don't know if they have enough oomph, but I'll be happy to send them if you're interested.

    If so, email me at jeffreyb@skybest.com.

    I have someone else in mind to check, too, to see if she'd be willing to send some of her goods :)

    Helen/'Lucy'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if people donate this, but I could donate photography time and pictures. Let me know if that could be helpful and the details involved.

    ReplyDelete