Tweet this post!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The (almost) Indestructible Scorpion

Yesterday morning I was preparing Jenna's lunchbox for her to take to school.  I heated up a can of ravioli (mother of the year, yo!) to transfer to a keep-warm thermos, but as I took the bowl out of the microwave something caught my eye.

See that little orange critter in the top right corner?  He was inadvertently microwaved for two minutes with Jenna's lunch.  Then my husband nuked him for two more minutes ("It will be way easier to clean up exploded scorpion guts than it will be to get him out of there alive and in one piece") (that's true).  He STILL didn't die.

I won't go into the details of how he was dispatched, but please know that he's in a better place.  Scorpion heaven is filled with crickets and warm temperatures.  R.I.P., Chef Boyardee (what I named him).